1 can white beans – drained and liquid reserved
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1. Preheat the waffle iron to medium-high.
2. Cream together 6 tablespoons of the reserved bean liquid with the margarine. You can discard any leftover bean liquid or save it for another recipe.
3. Add the brownie mix, blending until you’ve got a nice and consistent batter.
4. Use a silicone spatula to spread 1/3 cup of the waffle mix into each section of your waffle iron, and press the iron closed. The batter should fill up the bottom half of the iron.
5. Let your brownies cook for 10 minutes, then open and turn off the waffle iron. Let them cool in the iron for at least 5 more minutes before gently flipping them onto a plate with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel on it. You may need to use a fork to nudge your waffle out of the iron. Tip: Try flipping your cooled iron upside down and nudging the brownie waffle onto its plate. Start by unsticking all of the sides, then ease it out of there.
6. Eat your waffle iron brownies immediately. They’re best eaten fresh!
If you want more brownie waffles, heat up your iron again and make a second batch. You can keep this mix in the fridge for up to three days. Just let it warm to room temperature before you make the next batch.
This recipe is brought to us by Glue and Glitter!