For the Walnuts
1 1/2 cups walnut halves
pinch of salt
For the Brie
8-12oz. wheel of brie
a few sprigs fresh rosemary
French bread or crackers
For the Walnuts:
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Preheat a dry skillet over medium-high heat for a couple minutes to get it nice and hot. Add the walnuts, Madhava Organic Maple Agave Pancake Syrup, and salt, and stir. Cook, stirring constantly, until the Madhava maple syrup has thickened and clings to the walnuts. You should begin to smell the syrup caramelizing when the nuts are done. Be careful not to let it burn.
3. Pour nuts onto the prepared baking sheet, and quickly spread them out to avoid clumping. Let cool, then store in a cool dry place at room temperature.
For the Brie:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Remove cheese from its packaging. Place in the center of a rimmed baking sheet, or an oven-safe pan. Place a sprig or two of fresh rosemary on top, and drizzle thoroughly with Madhava Organic Honey.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the honey is bubbling and the cheese is soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before digging in.
4. Top with additional honey and bits of rosemary (I like to remove the leaves from the sprigs of rosemary that were baked with the cheese and sprinkle them on top, or you can use a little fresh rosemary), and serve with crusty bread and candied walnuts.