1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Whipped cream for topping
Graham Cracker Crust:
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar in a medium bowl.
3) Stir well enough to coat all of the crumbs with the butter, but not so much as to turn the mixture into a paste. Keep it crumbly.
4)Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about two-thirds of the way up the sides of the springform pan.
5) Bake the crust for 5 minutes, then set aside until you are ready to fill it.
1) In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 cup Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar, and vanilla.
2) Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
3) Add the pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
4) Pour the filling into the pan.
5) Bake for 60-70 minutes. The top will turn a bit darker at this point.
6) Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool.When the cheesecake has come to room temperature, put it into the refrigerator.
7) When the cheesecake has chilled, remove the pan sides and cut the cake into 8 equal pieces.
8) Serve with a generous portion of whipped cream on top.