2 Granny Smith apples, quartered
1 onion quartered
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
4 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Pure & Raw Honey
1 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
Garnish: pomegranate arils, pumpkin seeds, fresh parsley, black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Arrange apples, onion and garlic on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, tossing to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, until apple is soft.
3. Transfer roasted apple, onion and garlic to a large pot and add pumpkin puree, cayenne, honey and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Puree the soup in a blender in small batches (1-2 cups), then return to pot and continue simmering for 30 minutes more.
5. Pour into serving bowls, top with pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, parsley and pepper. Serve warm and store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week, or freezer for 1 month.