1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons mint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Red food coloring
Green food coloring
1 package almond bark
Mint candies, crushed
1. Place butter and organic coconut sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and cream until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts until just combined. Slowly add flour and salt, mixing well.
2. Divide the dough in half, and set 1/2 aside. Divide remaining half again, and add green food coloring to one portion, and red food coloring to the other. Mix until combined and add more food coloring to deepen the shade. Cover all 3 dough portions with plastic wrap – or try Bee’s Wrap – and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Divide green and red dough into 24 portions each. Divide the plain dough into 48 portions. Roll each into a rope about 4-inches long. With one colored rope and one plain rope, carefully press the dough together and gently twist. Place on the baking sheet and continue with remaining dough ropes.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
6. Once cooled, melt almond bark in a double boiler and stir until smooth. Dip cookie ends into melted almond bark and sprinkle with crushed mint candies. Return to parchment paper until almond bark has hardened.