1 box of Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Brownie Mix(plus ingredients listed on the box: 1/2 cup warm water, 2/3 cup oil, 1 egg)
6 tbsp butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2 crushed candy canes, to top the brownies
1. Prepare and bake the Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Brownie Mix according to the directions on the box.
2. Allow the brownies to cool completely before adding the frosting.
3. For the peppermint frosting, crush 2 candy canes. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream, and peppermint extract.
5. Mix using an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth and thick.
6. Spread the frosting on the brownies and top with the crushed candy canes.
Yield: one 8 inch pan of brownies
This recipe was brought to us by The First Year Blog.