For the filling
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping
4 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/4 Cup Ambrosia Honey
3/4 cup chopped pecans
For the dough
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/4-ounce packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled, plus more for brushing
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
For the dough:
1. Warm 1/2 cup water and the milk in a saucepan over low heat until a thermometer registers 100 degrees F to 110 degrees F. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the yeast on top, then sprinkle with a pinch of the sugar; set aside, undisturbed, until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Whisk the melted butter, egg yolk and vanilla into the yeast mixture until combined. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, the remaining sugar, the salt and nutmeg. Make a well in the center, then add the yeast mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to make a thick and slightly sticky dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until soft and elastic, about 6 minutes. Shape into a ball.
3. Brush a large bowl with butter. Add the dough, turning to coat lightly with the butter. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until the dough is doubled in size, about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
4. Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead briefly to release excess air; re-form into a ball and return to the bowl. Lightly butter a large piece of plastic wrap and lay it directly on the surface of the dough. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a rectangle 12 inches wide on one side, the other side as long as needed for dough to flatten to 1/2 inch thick.
For the filling:
1. Spread butter over surface of dough. Combine 1/4 cup Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Roll up dough into a log, starting with a 12-inch side. Let stand while preparing topping.
2. For topping, combine 3/4 cup Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar, melted butter and Ambrosia Honey in a 9×13-inch baking pan and stir until mixture is combined. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over mixture.
3. Cut dough log into twelve 1-inch slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, over pecans in baking pan. Cover with moist cloth and let stand 30 minutes to allow dough to rise again.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and invert pan onto a rectangular serving tray. Remove pan from rolls. Serve warm or cooled.