2 cups chickpeas (from 2 cans)
1/4 cup nut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup rolls oats
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly oil an 8” in baking pan, set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, nut butter, honey or maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor, blending until smooth and creamy.
- Add oats, baking soda, salt and egg, processing until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Once smooth, remove the blade and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and evenly press into the corners of the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges just pull away from the pan and the top lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’re delicious cold, or warm them in the microwave for 15 seconds for a fresh-from-the-oven treat.