For the Crust:
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
For the Honey Lavender Filling:
1/4 cup dried culinary lavender
1/4 cup boiling water
2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Pure & Raw Honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
Red and blue food coloring
Garnish: dried culinary lavender and Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Pure & Raw Honey
For the crust:
1. Prepare a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and tightly wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil.
2. Create graham cracker crumbs by pulsing in a food processor or blender. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until thoroughly combined. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan. Freeze until filling is ready.
For the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine culinary lavender and water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain water, discarding lavender, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add organic coconut sugar and beat on high for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Add vanilla extract, lavender water, organic honey and salt and mix until just combined.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
6. Add a few drops of red and blue food coloring and mix until desired color is reached.
7. Add Greek yogurt and mix to combine.
8. Carefully pour the lavender cheesecake filling into the springform pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
9. Place the springform pan inside a roasting pan, and create a water bath by filling the roasting pan with hot water until it reaches halfway up the side of the springform pan.
10. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, then turn oven off, crack the oven door and leave cheesecake to continue cooking for 1 more hour.
11. Remove cheesecake from oven and water bath, and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
12. Garnish with dried culinary lavender, if desired, and drizzle with organic honey to serve.