2 teaspoons chipotle powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 3-pound boneless pork roast
8 cloves garlic, minced
3 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water
Taco mix-ins: chopped red cabbage, matchstick carrots, sliced avocado, lime wedges
1. In a small bowl, combine chipotle powder, cumin, oregano and salt and pepper. Rub all over the pork.
2. Turn the Instant Pot to the high sauté setting. Once hot, add the oil and sear the pork until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove pork to a plate and turn the Instant Pot to the “Warm” setting.
3. To the drippings in the Instant Pot add garlic, lime juice and organic honey, whisking to combine. Once combined, whisk in cornstarch and water, stirring until mixture starts to thicken.
4. Once roux has thickened a bit, place pork back in Instant Pot, secure the lid and set to cook on High Pressure for 1 hour.
5. Once pressure cooking is done, follow manufacturer’s guide for “Quick Release” and carefully remove the lid. It’ll be steamy!
6. Transfer pork to a large bowl and pull apart with 2 forks.
7. While pulling apart the pork, switch Instant Pot to the normal sauteé setting and cook the juices until they’re reduced by half. Use a ladle to remove any fat that rises to the top, and pour 3 cups of the liquid over the pulled pork.
8. To serve, pile pulled pork onto warm flour tortillas and top with red cabbage, carrots, avocado, and a squeeze of lime.