1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup butter, room temperature
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lavender extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
For the natural honey cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix together milk, honey and vanilla.
4. In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and coconut sugar on medium speed until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients, followed by the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined and scraping down the sides as needed.
6. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to completely cool before frosting.
For the lavender buttercream frosting:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add powdered sugar until incorporated. Add vanilla, lavender and milk, mixing until combined. Increase mixer speed to medium and mix until smooth and creamy.
2. For a thicker frosting, reduce speed and gradually add more powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached. For a thinner frosting, gradually add more milk.