1/2 cup shortening
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
2) Beat shortening, honey, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth.
3)Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until light and fluffy.
4) Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl; stir into honey mixture until just incorporated and dough comes together.
5) Fold chocolate chips and almonds into dough.
6) Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
7) Bake in the preheated oven until edges just begin to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.