2 cups oats
2 bananas, very ripe works best
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup of mix-ins: thinly sliced apples and blueberries, or nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips
Optional toppings: fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly oil the paper liners to help the muffins unwrap cleanly. Set aside.
2. Place all ingredients but the mix-ins in a blender or food processor and blend until batter is smooth, about 2-3 minutes. If you want whole oats, simply place all ingredients except the oats in the blender, and then stir the oats in by hand after blending.
3. Pour batter into a mixing bowl and fold in the mix-ins.
4. Fill each muffin cup with batter about 3/4-full, and top with additional fruit, seeds or nuts as desired. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than three-quarters of the way to the top.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until the muffins are set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, and enjoy!