1 bouillon cube
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 heaping tablespoons Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Very Raw Honey
Red food coloring or beet juice from canned beets
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Dissolve bouillon cube into warm water.
3. Add all ingredients except food coloring into a large bowl and mix until well combined and a soft dough is formed. Divide the dough in half and set one half aside.
4. Add food coloring or beet juice half of the dough, kneading until the color is even. Continue adding food coloring or beet juice until desired color is reached. If dough gets too sticky, add flour a little at a time and knead into a soft dough.
5. Roll the red and white dough into ropes and cut pieces in equal lengths. Twist together one of each color and shape into a candy cane.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.