1 tablespoon cooking oil
3 cups oats
1 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons flaxseeds
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted but not hot
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups blueberries, frozen
1. Preheat oven to 375°F, lightly oil a 9×9 baking dish and set aside.
2. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat add cooking oil, oats and almonds, toasting until fragrant. Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
3. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and combine with chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 cups milk, melted butter, organic agave, eggs and vanilla.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry, combining until oats are fully coated. Add more milk, a little at a time, until a dough-like consistency is formed. Fold in 2 cups of blueberries saving remaining 1/2 cup for topping.
6. Pour mixture into pan and press into an even layer. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of berries and press berries into oat mixture.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
8. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.